Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yuri's first day in school

Yesterday was Yuri's first day in school and he was sooo excited! He got up early even if he attends the PM class. He did his Kumon Math and had his bfast and Lunch then got all his stuff. Of course we took a picture of him even when we arrived in the school. I just noticed, since this is the first time for me to send a son to school, that some kids would bring a small present for his/her teacher? Someone gave a box of choco and two other little girls handed her apples. What was that for anyways? Oh well we didn't bring one so sorry, hehe.
I was glad that Yuri didn't go through all the crying-and-won't-let-go-of-mommy syndrome. He was pretty relaxed and just got in line as soon as the teacher gathered all the kids outside. As he was entering the school hall, I was still taking pictures of him. It was actually a mixed feeling of happiness and at the same time trying to absorb that my son is really a grown up kid!
But today was another story. Yuri was supposed to start riding his school bus on Monday because I still want to enjoy taking him to school and see how he manages with everything. But this morning he told me and his dad that he wants to ride the bus because it's fun! Me and my husband just looked at each other and couldn't do anything else but say yes. So okay, I'm thinking maybe because there are kids there and he want to play and make friends already which is fine right? But the sad part is maybe he doesn't want to hang out with us anymore? Am I being paranoid or something?
Can't wait for my son to arrive soon! Until tomorrow! Bye!

No comments: